Slideshow Widget

Chilly Thursday

4 May 2006

It's definitely woollies weather today. I should have been spending time making a doll to fill an order today but I have been gadding about buying fruit and vegies instead. The greengrocer's shop was positively bursting with vitamins today, everything looked so good. Then I had to check in at the library as I am expecting the Caroline Zoob book "Childhood Treasures" arrive for me . It hasn't but I did find some interesting books ;one called "Keeping Up Appearances -fashion and class between the wars " and" Fat Land - how Americans became the fattest people in the world". From what the media in Australia reports we are not far behind the US in the fatness stakes.






This is my latest little doll, she is 12 inches tall. As well as the woollen jumper she wears she also has a little woollen singlet and panties. There are quite a few Sudanese refugees living here and my doll's hairdo is based on a little toddler I saw just before Christmas. I am really pleased with the way it turned out although if I had to do it on a squirming toddler I don't think I would have been much of a success. I'm going to try to sell my dolls on Etsy, this is a leap into the unknown for me, a bit scary actually.
My daughter has a mini school concert tonight. She plays the violin. The concert only goes for an hour which is good because it's a horrible night to be out. I finished her beret yesterday, it looks very cute but I can't show you. You will just have to imagine.

4 Responses to “Chilly Thursday”

  1. Hi Jenny, thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Your little doll is adorable! Good luck with your etsy shop - be sure and let me know when it's up and running so I can go take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. Your little Waldorf doll is beautiful. I've made 2 of them for my girls - I think that I love them more than they do. I just love the process of doll making, and having something so special and unique. They do take tons of time though - good luck selling on etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you stopped by my blog, and thank you for the kind words. I love the doll--very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Canberra and Tassie have similar weather. It's been really chilly here too. Yesterday was particularly cold!

    Your knitted doll is very inspriational. I took up knitting last year for the first time since high school. Recently I found a great knitting book at a second hand bookstore featuring beautiful celtic style patterns for women and children's clothing. A bit advanced for me presently - but can always dream...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.