Slideshow Widget

Battenburgs

24 May 2006


After searching through every book I had I could not find a recipe for Battenburgs. Jane at Yarnstorm made up her own and I was going to try hers when out of the blue I looked through Molly Keane's Nursery Cooking(1985) and there it was. I'll give the recipe a go and let you know if it is yummy. If it passes the yummy test I will post the recipe.

I'm not sure where this picture came from but it says it all about my life at present - I'm doing lots of cooking. I am actually enjoying all this meal planning and meals are a lot less frantic. The washing up is a bit of a killer though. I guess it is a good time for thinking ; it can become a meditation if you let it.





THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
"The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless."
Jean-Jacques Rousseau



3 Responses to “Battenburgs”

  1. I can't wait to hear how your Battenburgs recipe turns out. I enjoy using recipes others have recommended.
    Great picture, and I'm with you with the cooking, it's so rewarding. I've got a pretty good routine in the kitchen, and it certainly is my domain...certainly a lot of thinking goes on in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I find the washing up is the hardest part! But you can really get lost in it and it becomes enjoyable if you let it :)

    Hope your battenburgs turn out well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you stopped to visit my blog. Your site looks wonderful and I can't wait to come back when I have some time to explore and read. And I will have to head to Yarnstorm and find out what Battenburgs are!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.